Skrevet av Emne: Will be moving to Bergen!  (Lest 5564 ganger)

Zodiac

• Fur
    • Vis profil
Will be moving to Bergen!
« på: 23. feb, 2011, 22:48 »
Heya!

I soon will be carrying out my plans to move to Bergen from the US to live with my boyfriend, and get married! Problem is, I will need to seek employment like.. immediately. The faster the better. Does anyone here have any suggestions, or perhaps conveniently own a business and is willing to hire me? lol

Dax Cyro

• Über Fur
    • Vis profil
    • Dax@furaffinty
Sv: Will be moving to Bergen!
« Svar #1 på: 24. feb, 2011, 00:30 »
Well the first thing you should do is to get in contact with NAV also known as  "the Norwegian Labour and Welfare Administration",
so check up on this information for foreign jobseekers in Norway.
NAV will aid you in making sure you got all the necessary papers and should be able to find some temporary job or support for you.
Note that like all goverment systems they can be a tad slow, so get in contact with them ASAP to get the ball rolling.

Also, congratulations to you both. Unless your boyfriend isn't already a forum member here, I suggest he signs up here.
Being furry isn't a requirement (but it helps) :p
And don't be afraid to introduce yourself. New members are always welcome. :)

Wolftale

• Über Fur
  • The Arctic folf of Waterlilies
    • Vis profil
« Svar #2 på: 24. feb, 2011, 05:14 »
Hi there and welcome :)
Hope you remember to take a rain coat with you, when you move to Bergen ;)
Dax said more or less what you need to do so :)
A little more info wouldn't hurt, would it? ^^

Anyway, congratulations to you and your beloved :D And hope you get a wonderful time together :3
We also have two others who has moved from US til Norway (Mearu and Swandog) and if there are anything you wondering about moving from US to Norway - They probably can answer you  [laugh]

Zodiac

• Fur
    • Vis profil
« Svar #3 på: 24. feb, 2011, 06:47 »
I will most definitely look into the website linked! Thanks both of you for your replies! I believe I have actually had a super brief hello with Swandog before, on FA, actually! My boyfriend actually registered at the same time as I here, he goes on FA and here as Geir.

I have been to Norway twice so far for us to meet, we met eachother on SecondLife in a club called Fur Pleasure haha. Its been an amazing few years, and I am really looking forward to the day I will be able to be there for more than a few months.

Ildri

• Aktiv Fur
  • Per aspera ad astra. . .
    • Vis profil
« Svar #4 på: 24. feb, 2011, 20:04 »
Hello there! ^v^

Bergen, eh? I've family there and visit a few times during the year, it's a lovely city (but yes, rain coats or umbrellas do help). Congratulations have been given before, and I'll add to them - it's lovely that you two are able to live together!

I believe the information you need have been given already, but yes - I'm happy for you. :>
Vola con me, più altamente, - più altamente; per sempre.

Skarpen

• Global Moderator
  • Hyperaktiv Fur
  • pu5
    • Vis profil
« Svar #5 på: 02. mar, 2011, 04:57 »
Congratulations! thats quite a big move, on the entire other side of the globe :3

Good luck! ;3

Zodiac

• Fur
    • Vis profil
« Svar #6 på: 02. mar, 2011, 13:51 »
Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes! Sorry for my delay in response, busy busy times as it is right now! With work, his birthday just passing, and mine around the corner, we've both been pretty occupied!

On my way to and from work, I have been listening to recordings from the Pimsler Norwegian lessons, and I have found them to be very helpful. The teaching method used makes it very easy to pick up on learning different words and phrases, I'm only on lesson four of maybe 50 half hour lessons - a good recommendation for anyone wanting to learn on their own.

Sayh Pand

• Overaktiv Fur
  • Rødpanda-mandarinand-griffn
    • Vis profil
« Svar #7 på: 09. apr, 2011, 20:36 »
Heya!

I soon will be carrying out my plans to move to Bergen from the US to live with my boyfriend, and get married! Problem is, I will need to seek employment like.. immediately. The faster the better. Does anyone here have any suggestions, or perhaps conveniently own a business and is willing to hire me? lol

Late response, I am not here too often OvO

I drug my Swandoggie over to Norway some.. 9 years ago.. Hope enjoy moving to Norway!

Chuziku

• Aktiv Fur
  • HurrDurr
    • Vis profil
    • Furaffinity
« Svar #8 på: 12. apr, 2011, 22:00 »
I'm born and grown up in Bergen  [laugh]

I hope you will enjoy moving to Norway :D