Generelt > For the Norwegian-impaired

Music From The Arctic

<< < (2/2)

Miles T.F. Baxxter:
Music From The Arctic #16: Planet Terror - "Grindhouse"

I bought and saw the Robert Rodriguez film Planet Terror a little while back. I like horror, and I generally enjoy campy, gory comedy horror as well. The Toxic Avenger is a classic, as is The Evil Dead 2, and others could be mentioned. So I'd been looking forward to seeing this. I was a bit disappointed. It wasn't as outrageous and over-the-top as I'd hoped, not really surpassing what had been done in the older classics. That being said, it had some memorable and funny scenes ("The kid's got the devil in him"), and I wouldn't mind having an excuse to re-watch it.

I think I might've enjoyed it more in its original and intended context though, namely as a cinematic double-feature with Quentin Tarantino's Death Proof (which I haven't yet seen) and the fake trailers (which I've now seen on YouTube). By itself it didn't quite feel like it was worth the price of admission.

The movie has some fun, catchy, slightly exaggerated music, which is actually by Robert Rodriguez himself. Particularly the opening theme is fun, the main riff of which can be heard through the film. And that's the track I chose for this week. Time for some dirty and heavy rock music!

Planet Terror - "Grindhouse (Main Titles)"

Miles T.F. Baxxter:
Music From The Arctic #17: Slagsmålsklubben - "SMK Hittar Munspelet"

Got the first album by Slagsmålsklubben in the mail a few weeks back, Den Svenske Disco. They're a Swedish blip-blop electronica band, similar to the other Swedish blip-blop electronica band Pluxus - except not quite as good. But still good. Though they might be best enjoyed in small doses. Without any further ado, here's one of my favourite tracks off the album in question.

Slagsmålsklubben - "SMK Hittar Munspelet"

And we've now reached the fifteen song mark for this new volume, and that means it's time to compile it all and make it available for y'all as a neat little RAR file, in case anyone's missed out on past installments. Enjoy! Here's the tracklist. It should all fit onto a CD-R.

Music From The Arctic Vol. 2 #1

01 - Jonathan Richman - It's You
02 - The Mountain Goats - So Desperate
03 - Portal - Still Alive
04 - Lucky Star - Hamatte Sabotte Oh My God!
05 - Hayman, Watkins, Trout & Lee - Bethnal Green
06 - Wicked - Popular
07 - Bonnie 'Prince' Billy - May It Always Be
08 - Animal Collective - Water Curses
09 - Amiina - Ammælis
10 - Sun - Love Will Take Your Breath Away
11 - They Might Be Giants - Idlewild
12 - LocoRoco - LocoRoco's Song ~LocoRoco Yellow Version~
13 - The Mountain Goats - The Doll Song
14 - Daniel Johnston - Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Your Grieveince
15 - Dennis Driscoll - I Hardly Ever See You

Navigering