Skrevet av Emne: Eurofurence! Tips?  (Lest 6515 ganger)

Zodiac

• Fur
    • Vis profil
Eurofurence! Tips?
« på: 11. jan, 2012, 10:17 »
So! I would really like to go to EF this year, but I fear I might be a little too late on registering to make anything very easy as far as having a room and getting there. I'm not very sure, since I have never been there and I have never booked for travel within Europe before, so I am not sure of the best options. I am unfamiliar with trains, and pretty unfamiliar with busses. (Most of my travels back home had been done by car trips)

Can anyone here give me tips for these things? I was looking at flights through Leipzig, but I noticed it seems like most others going there from Norway are planning to go through Berlin? Is this a better option for some reason I should know about?

If I can get everything in line, I would be traveling from Bergen, to the con. I am originally from the US, and so far everything about getting to this con is looking completely different from what it was like getting myself to AnthroCon, so I'm a little lost. @_@

Dax Cyro

• Über Fur
    • Vis profil
    • Dax@furaffinty
Sv: Eurofurence! Tips?
« Svar #1 på: 11. jan, 2012, 11:12 »
Yeah, rooms went surprisingly fast this year. I think I was still able to book regular rooms in March last year.
Though I suspect the EF crew is working on some overflow hotel. Either way keep an eye on the EF site and their forum. Either you can get someone else registration there, or find if they have any alternative solution/recommendations.

We're currently working out traveling ourselves as well.
Currently plan is to gather at the Berlin Brandenburg Airport, and gather up on Zver's furry bus from there to EF (and back). Click on the link for registration for bus. Last year it cost about 15 euros each way, and was the cheapest, funnest and easiest solution from Airport to EF :)
However we're still sorting out which flights are best to take. Hopefully one of our Bergen furs will help you a bit there. Eg. taking the same flight down to Oslo, or directly to Germany.

Zodiac

• Fur
    • Vis profil
« Svar #2 på: 11. jan, 2012, 16:15 »
Well, traveling with others would be much more fun than trying to navigate on my own. xD I read the air port I was looking at is about 70km from the hotel, about how far is berlin? I didn't look into flights there because of what the EF website said about some airports closing down and such, in Berlin, so i just don't know.

Mally Azure

• Senior Fur
  • Energydrink Connoisseur
    • Vis profil
    • DeviantArt
« Svar #3 på: 11. jan, 2012, 18:06 »
Hi there!
Me and Chronowolf will possibly take a plane from Bergen to Berlin with transfer from Oslo since theres no early planes leaving directly from Bergen (to reach the furry bus that is leaving possibly round 2 pm). But since the Berlin airport is going to be fused together with the other around its still unclear whether the routes will be the same. We're waiting for information from the airline company about the issue, so we've yet to order tickets, but when I figure out I'll tell which plane and time so you can join inn aswell!  [wink]

Zodiac

• Fur
    • Vis profil
« Svar #4 på: 16. jan, 2012, 03:05 »
That would be great if you could let me know! I really have no idea which is the best way to go about getting there, and I certainly have never had to catch a bus from an airport before so having people with me would be utterly helpful to no end. xD I'll keep checking back here for more info. As of yet, I  haven't registered for the con still, because I am so unsure as to how I will get there and the whole overflow thing hasn't been sorted yet, I just don't know what tod o first.

I was also wondering if anyone else here was hoping to get a dealer table?
« Siste redigering: 16. jan, 2012, 03:09 av Zodiac »

Mally Azure

• Senior Fur
    • Vis profil
    • DeviantArt
« Svar #5 på: 17. jan, 2012, 10:52 »
Heres the route we've ordered for! I have a separate return trip cuz I dun have late departure from the con.
You will atleast have Chrono to hang around on the return trip all the way to Bergen, and I assume more furs will also take this flight back! :)

Its 8:00 am from Bergen, arriving at Oslo and then to Berlin 9:35 am on the 28th of August
Return trip is 18:55 from Berlin on the 3rd of September
(The correct routes should be already chosen in the link!)

Zodiac

• Fur
    • Vis profil
« Svar #6 på: 17. jan, 2012, 15:35 »
Oh wow, seats are filling up fast. @_@ Do you both have some kind of instant messenger I could get ahold of you on?

Miles T.F. Baxxter

• Grunnlegger
  • Administrator
  • Über Fur
  • Buskasklubben
    • Vis profil
    • LiveJournal
« Svar #7 på: 17. jan, 2012, 18:49 »
I was also wondering if anyone else here was hoping to get a dealer table?

I believe Tellos, Ziggy, and Furrylumpy have talked about getting tables. You could try getting in touch with them to hear.

And I believe there's currently a waiting list for people wanting rooms; if people cancel, people on the waiting list will be informed. Guessing you could maybe also "cut in line" by getting a roomie who's already in, or inquire to sleep three people in a double room. Might be they also sort out other hotel options, or one could find something on one's own.

Mally Azure

• Senior Fur
    • Vis profil
    • DeviantArt
« Svar #8 på: 17. jan, 2012, 19:21 »
Oh wow, seats are filling up fast. @_@ Do you both have some kind of instant messenger I could get ahold of you on?
hmm only thing I use is Steam, my account is turbo_wolf
^^

Miles T.F. Baxxter

• Grunnlegger
  • Administrator
  • Über Fur
  • Buskasklubben
    • Vis profil
    • LiveJournal
« Svar #9 på: 20. jan, 2012, 01:39 »
Might be of interest: Overflow Hotel / Triple Rooms.