Skrevet av Emne: Study in Norway  (Lest 7117 ganger)

vilkdage

• Gjest
Study in Norway
« på: 03. feb, 2012, 09:54 »
Hi ^.^ You can call me Vilkdage. I am an artist from a little country called Lithuania. It's not a really great country and I can't see myself living in it in the future. At the moment I am in second year of Bachelor of Design in a college. I am thinking about experience which universities in other countries can give to foreign students. Most of them are very happy for having a chance to study abroad which is why I decided to both emigrate to another country and to study ma at the same time. But many things must be considered before making such a serious decision. This is why I would like to ask Norwegian Paws community if anyone studied in Bergen National Academy of the Arts? If they did, what kind of experience did you gain? Was is worth studying in this particular university? Is it hard to find a job as a student and still get good grades?

Thank you in advance for any help or information you can provide.

Dax Cyro

• Über Fur
    • Vis profil
    • Dax@furaffinty
Sv: Study in Norway
« Svar #1 på: 03. feb, 2012, 10:31 »
I haven't studied at Bergen, I have studied abroad and I HIGHLY recommend it :)
It's both a unique experience and will look good on your CV.

Jobs as a foreign student can be a bit tough. Have you considered checking for Lithuanian scholarships instead?
That way you'll have time to focus on the study and socializing.
Eg. check with your counselors at your current College what they know about studying abroad.
Alternatively ask at one of your local universities. They usually have people that work with helping students to study abroad.
Also check with Bergen National Academy if they have any tips for you.
All 3 will probably know much more about financing than us.

Morisith

• Senior Fur
    • Vis profil
    • Furiffic
« Svar #2 på: 05. nov, 2012, 02:38 »
I have a friend who studies there atm, she apperantly likes it. It's a good school for arts yes, but I refused their offer and chose becoming a teacher instead as a education in art very often is an expencive education in poverty.
But you will learn important things and practice in arts, but most of the things you can also learn alter by taking classes or talking to proffesional artist ^~^

(I would recommend Imaginefx.com as a art forum with alot of friendly pro artist who love sharing)

Pycnopodia

• Senior Fur
    • Vis profil
« Svar #3 på: 22. nov, 2012, 21:58 »
Hi ^.^ You can call me Vilkdage. I am an artist from a little country called Lithuania. It's not a really great country and I can't see myself living in it in the future. At the moment I am in second year of Bachelor of Design in a college. I am thinking about experience which universities in other countries can give to foreign students. Most of them are very happy for having a chance to study abroad which is why I decided to both emigrate to another country and to study ma at the same time. But many things must be considered before making such a serious decision. This is why I would like to ask Norwegian Paws community if anyone studied in Bergen National Academy of the Arts? If they did, what kind of experience did you gain? Was is worth studying in this particular university? Is it hard to find a job as a student and still get good grades?

Thank you in advance for any help or information you can provide.

Norway is a really expensive country, if you dont get some kind of scholarship you will be working day and night just to make ends meet.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9b/Big_Mac_index_50USD_2columns.png - just look at the BigMac index.

A meal with two big macs, fries and a soda is 125NOK - 22.00 USD.

A 0.5litre bottle of cola costs 16NOK - 2.80 USD at the cheapest stores.

A simple room to live with a shared kitchen/toilet will cost you from around 615USD and upwards and thats not including utility bills.

You can expect an hourly wage of at least 130NOK ~ 23 USD before taxes (which will deduct around 30% from your wage).

If you do move to Bergen we will likely see eachother as I work in the reception in the building where some state departments that you will need to visit are located. Its open from 9am to 3pm, its best to come there around 9 or you may have to wait 1-2 hours in line waiting for your turn :P