Skrevet av Emne: WikiFur på norsk?  (Lest 22804 ganger)

Trash

• Hyperaktiv Fur
  • Remigus Varg
    • Vis profil
    • Remigus Varg
Sv: WikiFur på norsk?
« Svar #25 på: 05. jan, 2010, 00:50 »
Det kan jo være interessant om noen her lager artikler om seg selv, siden den norske furrykulturen består av furries. Da sier det seg jo selv at de ville vært interessant å lese om disse. Kanskje litt standard info; navn, alder, om man er aktiv i fandomen (tegner, musiker, skribent, fursuiter) og hvordan man fant frem til fandomen.

Miles T.F. Baxxter

• Grunnlegger
  • Administrator
  • Über Fur
  • Buskasklubben
    • Vis profil
    • LiveJournal
« Svar #26 på: 05. jan, 2010, 14:38 »
Doing direct translations of the articles from the English wikifur isn't the best way to go about it. For example, on the arcticle about furry, the line:

Predominantly, it means "consisting of or resembling fur".

Becomes:

Overveiende, betyr det "bestående av eller ligner pels".

In Norwegian, this sounds a bit... strange, due to the fact that fur and furry aren't words you find in the Norwegian vocabulary. So it should be mentioned that these are English words, and that they translate to pels in Norwegian. I'm sure similar minor problems occur if all you do is direct translations. To me it seems more appealing to start from scratch, but with inspiration from and maybe references to the original article, maybe our forum's FAQs, etc. But I guess that's up to whoever wants to put the work into it.

And as with the English wiki, it seems to be perfectly okay to give yourself an entry (as I did myself, a while back). How far people go with it varies; some have short blurbs, stating their species and date of birth and other such information, whereas others have lengthy descriptions of their fursonas, their personal philosophy, their art, etc.
« Siste redigering: 05. jan, 2010, 14:40 av Miles T.F. Baxxter »

Wolftale

• Über Fur
  • The Arctic folf of Waterlilies
    • Vis profil
« Svar #27 på: 05. jan, 2010, 14:56 »
Doing direct translations of the articles from the English wikifur isn't the best way to go about it. For example, on the arcticle about furry, the line:

Predominantly, it means "consisting of or resembling fur".

Becomes:

Overveiende, betyr det "bestående av eller ligner pels".

If you see errors, then fix them :)

Glutexo

• Fur
    • Vis profil
« Svar #28 på: 12. jan, 2010, 10:36 »
I have done more than I thought I would do. I have translated some pages from dano-norwegian into neo-norwegian. But there is one thing I am unsure about. I have translated some pages about people. But is it wrong to do things like that when it is not about me? Should I stop doing the pages about people?

Wolftale

• Über Fur
    • Vis profil
« Svar #29 på: 12. jan, 2010, 11:07 »
I don't think it's wrong as long as you only translate it and don't write something completely new or untrue about them.

GreenReaper

• Fur
  • Vandrende norn
    • Vis profil
    • GreenReaper Studios
« Svar #30 på: 25. jan, 2010, 18:28 »
I have translated some pages about people. But is it wrong to do things like that when it is not about me? Should I stop doing the pages about people?
If we bothered to worry about whether it was wrong, we would never have written any of them in the first place. ;)

If anyone has a problem with an article, let them say so - after it is written.

Wolftale and Montainafox: I have made you administrators as you have been contributing the most since the start. You should have the ability to delete pages and block users now, if necessary, and to edit the wiki interface, like the sidebar (at MediaWiki:Sidebar). See the special pages in the toolbox for more information.

Also, Norwegian has been promoted to the main list. :D
« Siste redigering: 25. jan, 2010, 18:39 av GreenReaper »
Laurence "GreenReaper" Parry
GreenReaper Studios - Flayrah - WikiFur

Wolftale

• Über Fur
    • Vis profil
« Svar #31 på: 25. jan, 2010, 19:12 »
Wow, interesting =o
Thanks, GreenReaper :D

Montainafox

• Fur
    • Vis profil
« Svar #32 på: 25. jan, 2010, 20:20 »
Thanks a lot GreenReaper
i hope also other norwegians will find the way to WikiFur in future and support us with writing some articles!

GreenReaper

• Fur
  • Vandrende norn
    • Vis profil
    • GreenReaper Studios
« Svar #33 på: 25. jan, 2010, 20:24 »
i hope also other norwegians will find the way to WikiFur in future and support us with writing some articles!

Well, they will if they can find it! It does show up, but only if pages in Norwegian are searched. Perhaps you could add it here? I do not know the Norwegian Wikipedia policy for external links.
« Siste redigering: 25. jan, 2010, 20:27 av GreenReaper »

Montainafox

• Fur
    • Vis profil
« Svar #34 på: 25. jan, 2010, 20:38 »
Well, they will if they can find it! It does show up, but only if pages in Norwegian are searched. Perhaps you could add it here? I do not know the Norwegian Wikipedia policy for external links.
Yes you are right. Google is a much important tool to find the way to WikiFur and NorwegianPaws. I'm not so much into Wikipedia, but can try to add some new links and look over the text.

Miles T.F. Baxxter

• Grunnlegger
  • Administrator
  • Über Fur
  • Buskasklubben
    • Vis profil
    • LiveJournal
« Svar #35 på: 31. jan, 2010, 04:20 »
Hm, I'm curious, what is the Aktive furries/Fursuiters i Norge list supposed to be? A list of furs who're active in the Norwegian fandom?

Also, this forum isn't specifically a fursuit forum, so not sure if it should be listed under Linker til fursuit sider.

Maybe I should consider signing up so I can start adding/changing stuff, too...

GreenReaper

• Fur
  • Vandrende norn
    • Vis profil
    • GreenReaper Studios
« Svar #36 på: 31. jan, 2010, 04:28 »
Also, this forum isn't specifically a fursuit forum, so not sure if it should be listed under Linker til fursuit sider.

Maybe I should consider signing up so I can start adding/changing stuff, too...
I'm surprised it's not Linker til furry sider. Fursuiting is just one part of what furry is about, after all.

You don't technically have to sign up to edit, but if you choose to do so, it only takes a moment.

Wolftale

• Über Fur
    • Vis profil
« Svar #37 på: 31. jan, 2010, 16:44 »
Looks better now? :)
Any ideas about what to write about and stuff like that, please feel free to either PM me or write about it :D
 we need more info, and I am blank about what to write about atm..

GreenReaper

• Fur
  • Vandrende norn
    • Vis profil
    • GreenReaper Studios
« Svar #38 på: 02. feb, 2010, 02:00 »
Write what you know! And if you don't know anything, go out and find some stuff that you can put in. ;-)

I suggest thinking of what would be useful to you, but is not yet available in one place. If it seems suitable, add it! Probably other people will find this information useful as well.

Miles T.F. Baxxter

• Grunnlegger
  • Administrator
  • Über Fur
  • Buskasklubben
    • Vis profil
    • LiveJournal
« Svar #39 på: 15. mar, 2010, 14:22 »
Aw, I still don't have my own page on the Norwegian Wiki. Yet all the other current forum administrator and moderators do. [sad]

My awesomeness must be documented!

GreenReaper

• Fur
  • Vandrende norn
    • Vis profil
    • GreenReaper Studios
« Svar #40 på: 15. mar, 2010, 15:19 »

There's an English article - you could always copy that. Probably out of date by now, though.

Wolftale

• Über Fur
    • Vis profil
« Svar #41 på: 15. mar, 2010, 15:46 »
Aw, I still don't have my own page on the Norwegian Wiki. Yet all the other current forum administrator and moderators do. [sad]

Just write one then ;3

Miles T.F. Baxxter

• Grunnlegger
  • Administrator
  • Über Fur
  • Buskasklubben
    • Vis profil
    • LiveJournal
« Svar #42 på: 15. mar, 2010, 15:54 »
Just write one then ;3

Well, I don't want to appear conceited... [wink]

Dakota Zaraki

• Fur
    • Vis profil
« Svar #43 på: 13. mai, 2010, 20:17 »
I've just posted a big article, and was wondering if one of you mods could lock it so only those with an account can edit it.  The article is here.

The article aren't 100% finnished yet, but I'll add more/the rest either later tonight or tomorrow, so don't worry.

And btw, I'm back from my hiatus. I'll try my very best not to disappear again, and I'll be working on Wikifur.

If you all can just excuse me, I must go and vegitate for an unknown amound of hours. See ya later
They say that women are from Venus, and men from Mars. Well, I'm from Mercury.

Furaffinity   DeviantArt

GreenReaper

• Fur
  • Vandrende norn
    • Vis profil
    • GreenReaper Studios
« Svar #44 på: 13. mai, 2010, 20:32 »
There's usually no reason to lock pages, unless they get continuously vandalized (like the equivalent article on the English Wikipedia, or the English WikiFur's front page). Locking it also stops new users from editing, even if they've registered.

I suggest instead watching the page and setting it to email you on changes to watch pages in your preferences. That way you get to review changes as they are made by everyone.

Wolftale

• Über Fur
    • Vis profil
« Svar #45 på: 13. mai, 2010, 20:35 »
I more or less watch wikifur everyday so if someone edit it  - I check the edit and change it back if I feel like the new info/change is wrong.
So no worries ;)